prideLEAD is Angles’ group of Pride Youth Leaders who provide youth leadership for other pride programs, including prideSOCIAL.
Leaders are interns who meet regularly to brainstorm new projects, plan events, and create additional resources for LGBTQ+ youth in the north and northwest suburbs, building valuable leadership skills for college and career. In addition, Leaders act as a voice for LGBTQ+ youth in the community, providing education to youth and adults about sexual and gender identity, as well as learning how to build more inclusive suburban communities.
NOW RECRUITING PRIDE YOUTH LEADERS FOR 2017-2018!
prideLEAD seeks youth leaders who are:
- Passionate about creating safe spaces for other LGBTQ+ youth to have fun, serve their communities, and educate youth and adults about sexual and gender identity
- Interested in learning more about sexuality and gender and educating their peers
- Ages 14-19
- Able to attend two, 3-hour meetings per month on Sunday evenings
- Interested in working with a diverse group of youth leaders and adult allies
Benefits of joining:
- Gain valuable skills in leadership, health education, service, & event planning
- Build relationships with other LGBTQ+ youth across the north and northwest suburbs
- Plan and participate in social & service activities
- Teach peers & adults about LGBTQ+ identities & inclusion
- Food provided!
Interested? Applications are here: bit.ly/prideleadapp18 and due May 25th.
Contact Lizzy Appleby, Youth Program Manager, at Lizzy@angles.org or 847.441.6191 x3 with any questions!